Resources: COVID-19 Specific
Across our site, you'll find many useful resources relating to the current pandemic. We have also duplicated everything here - and added more - to provide you with one central place to quickly and easily find everything COVID-related.
We have published important information to cover many of the FAQs on Appraisal during the COVID-19 pandemic, especially regarding the recent suspension of GP Appraisal in the South East. To view, please click the button below.
- The Appraisal Professional Support Unit (APSU)
- Thinking Pitstops - a voluntary project, aimed at NHS frontline staff, designed to provide 'a systemic approach for peer-to-peer support during the COVID-19 crisis'.
- Avoiding and Treating COVID-19
- COVID-19, Pregnancy, and Children
- Links to Practical and Financial Support
- Links to useful Wellbeing Apps
- Links to useful Videos and Podcasts
- Advice for maintaining your physical and mental wellbeing whilst working during the pandemic
- Wessex Appraisal Service publications during the pandemic
- Wessex LMCs COVID-19 Support Podcasts
- How do Locum GPs access vaccination?
- Gov.UK documents relating to the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme - Public Health England Guidance
- NHS Specialist Pharmacy Service - General Information and Guidance re. COVID-19 Vaccines
- NHS Professionals - Join the COVID-19 Vaccine Team
- NHS Hants & IOW - now recruiting to help deliver COVID-19 vaccines across the region
- NHS Dorset - now recruiting to help deliver COVID-19 vaccines across the region
- NHS - Your COVID Recovery
- NHS Guidance and Standard Operating Procedures: General Practice in the context of COVID-19
- NHS Resolution: Joint Letter regarding Clinical Negligence Indemnity in response to COVID-19
- NHS Employers - Health, Safety, and Wellbeing during COVID
- COVID-19 Vaccination e-Learning Resource - in support of the training of the health and care workforce involved in delivering the COVID-19 vaccine programme
- The BMA and COVID-19
- The BMA and the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme - this guidance provides detail about what the CVP (COVID-19 vaccination programme) service in England involves, what is expected of practices, what you will get to support this work, and guidance on what to do now.
- The BMA - COVID-19: Advice for Doctors conducting Remote Consultations - advice for doctors in all settings in getting homeworking equipment, when to consult patients via video, approved NHS tools for remote consultations and tips for running them.
- The BMA - COVID-19: Guidance for the Protection of Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV) Patients - as of 7 January 2021, a national lockdown was again introduced in England. The Government will be sending a letter with updated guidance to all clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV) people. It again advises them to take extra shielding measures to protect themselves, until at least 21 February 2021.
- Frontline19 (an independent UK nationwide service delivering psychological support to those who are, or have been, on the frontline of COVID-19. They ensure you get the right help quickly and easily. It’s confidential, and it’s free).