Appraiser Training for Organisations
Our training has been established for a number of years, and includes all requirements to match the needs of your organisation.
The course was entirely reviewed in 2015-16 in order to ensure that it remains appropriate and up-to-date for medical appraisals for revalidation. It includes all the elements of core medical appraiser training for revalidation initially rolled out by the Revalidation Support Team (RST) in 2012-13, updated to reflect updates in national guidance.
We are able to provide:
- New Appraiser Training (NAT): for those delegates who have received no previous formal appraiser training. This is a two-day course and can be undertaken however best to suit your organisation.
- Current Appraiser Skills Assessment (CASA): for those appraisers who have been working for a period of time and who may require an update and assessment of their current skills. This is a one-day course.
Both these courses can take place here at our offices in Otterbourne (Winchester), at your own offices, or at a suitable and agreed external venue*. Costs for each course are dependent upon your requirements, choice of venue, etc, and we would welcome your enquiry.
*Due to the current COVID crisis, on-site/in person face-to-face training has obviously been suspended until further notice.
We are able to offer bespoke training courses too. These could cover, for example:
- Dealing with difficult appraisals.
- Giving feedback in appraisal.
- How to write a better Summary of Appraisal Discussion and PDP.
- Completion of appraisal documents.
- How to use the MAG MAF.
All of our training can be customised to your requirements and can be provided separately or as part of the complete appraisal service. In many circumstances, there is a great synergy from training doctors from different disciplines together, however we are equally happy to work within a single organisation to meet a specific need.
Please do contact the Programme Manager to discuss your requirements and how we can help you.